4 (6 ounce) fresh walleye fillets (or frozen and thawed)
4 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Flat leaf parsley, diced, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Prepare a baking sheet by covering the pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Combine butter and minced garlic in a heat-safe small bowl or measuring cup in the microwave for about 45 seconds, until the butter is fully melted.
- Remove melted butter and garlic and add the fresh squeezed lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Dry walleye fillets well using paper towels or a tea towel. Place fish fillets in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. (If cooking green beans or asparagus, add around the edges of the pan).
- Pour the melted butter garlic sauce over the fish, sprinkle each fillet with paprika salt and pepper, and add a thin lemon slice to the top of fish fillets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature of fish reaches 145℉ and flakes easily.
- Remove from the oven, top with diced fresh parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges and Mediterranean rice.
Substitute cod, haddock, hake or your favorite flaky white fish in this recipe.
Cook times will vary based on the thickness of your fish fillets. For precision, monitor as the fish cooks using an instant read thermometer, or test for flaky fish factor at 10-12 minutes and add a 2-3 minutes baking time, as needed.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Easy Recipes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baked Walleye with lemon butter sauce, Walleye Recipe, Lemon Butter Sauce, baked walleye with lemon