- Preheat the oven to 375 ℉. Slice peaches and add to a large mixing bowl along with brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. In a small dish, combine cornstarch, vanilla and a tablespoon or so of cold water (just enough to make the mixture liquid.) Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved then pour over the fruit mixture. Toss gently to coat the fruit. Pour fruit filling into a round baking dish, cast iron skillet, or an 8 x 8 casserole dish. Cut butter into small pieces and scatter across the fruit.
- Unroll the pie crust and lay over your fruit filling (If using a square pan and a round crust, I like to use the whole crust but lay it in a wavy pattern, allowing for more crust per square inch.) Using a pastry brush, cover the top crust lightly with the beaten egg. Using a sharp knife, cut 4 slits into the top of the dough to allow steam to escape. Finally, sprinkle the dough with the raw or sanding sugar.
- Transfer the cobbler to the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbling up around it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly to fully set. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Use fresh or canned peaches in this easy recipe!
White sugar can be substituted for light brown, if needed.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Southern
Keywords: Peach Cobbler, Peach Cobbler with Pie Crust, Southern Peach Cobbler